Its a New Year. Fresh, nothing set in stone, unpredictable and unmarked. Another journey with just being able to see a single step in front of us, not the whole path ahead. One where God will bring light to the dark just long enough to take one step, and rest in the fact that when its time to take another He will shine the light again and show the way.
He is going to carry me, He is going to carry you. We must just trust.
- Trust that His ways are not our ways (Isaiah 55:8)
- Know that no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly (Psalm 84:11)
- He is our Keeper (Psalm 121:5) and oh how He keeps us from falling.
- He will uphold us and strengthen us with His right hand (Isaiah 41:10)
- He will never leave nor forsake us (Deuteronomy 31:8)
- God is good and does good (Psalm 119:68) No matter what we are going through
- We can rest in the fact that His sweet mercies are new every morning and great is His faithfulness (Lamentations 3:23.)
No matter what we walk into this year we can find refuge with Christ and His truth knowing that in His precious Word we can find comfort that gives us life (Psalm 119:50.)
I don’t know about you but I am going into this new year with great God sized expectations. I expect God to do great things in my heart, life and family. I am praying and believing those things to happen, and I will remain confident in this I will see the goodness of the Lord (Psalm 27:13.)Even when I’m hurting, even when life looks completely different than I could have ever imagined, I can still see the goodness of the Lord and rest in His promises.
Lets go into this year with high expectations to what the Lord is going to do, to enlarge our hearts to make more room for Him.